Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21 2010

Show of the Day:
I studied this screenplay in my last college class--an independent study that I wrote and implemented. These brothers are fantastic writers, and then they make movies out of what they've written. It's pretty remarkable. They can actually turn that screenplay into film. It's insane.

Wanna know something cool? The first lines of the movie are spoken by Sam Elliot. The first lines of the screenplay: "We are floating up a steep scrubby slope. We hear male voices gently singing "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" and a deep, affable, Western-accented voice--Sam Elliot's, perhaps"

And the dream sequences? woah



Adventure of the Day:
The wash was filled with water from the snowmelt and new snow accumulation. The mud on the opposing side proved to be a formidable opponent. I imagine this is exactly why we have the 4x4 van we spent all last summer upgrading into an invincible beast. Plus, my husband is a pretty intelligent driver. We survived.

Reading of the Day:
My daughter just finished the second of the Santa series. At 7, I had questioned her ability to retain her reading of text this complex, but she has proved competent. She starts the third one tomorrow. Anyone know more G or PG rated books she can read? A series is best. If only I could get her to write, she might be the next Coen.

0 comments:

 

©20092010 | by TNB