Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 6 2010

Granny Square of the Day:
There was snow
and I was not getting out of bed
despite my alarm set for the knitting group in half an hour.
But the girl let sunlight refracted across the house from some uncovered portion of a window somewhere in the house
let sunlight in
because she wanted reprieve from the irritations of her morning-person of a brother.
He came too.
So I got up and gathered my yarns.
He came too.
Those who were not morning people stayed in bed.
There was snow
and not a single other knitter.
He played legos; I finished his sister's mittens.
He ate a blueberry muffin; I crochetted my daily square.
We came home, wearing the mittens in the snow, bellies full.
They were still sleeping.
When they got up, the snow was gone.



Show of the Day:
Wisconsin Death Trip
"Writer/Director James Marsh's first feature, WISCONSIN DEATH TRIP, is an intimate, shocking and sometimes hilarious account of the disasters that befell one small town in Wisconsin during the final decade of the 19th century. The film is inspired by Michael Lesy’s book of the same name which was first published in 1973. "

0 comments:

 

©20092010 | by TNB