Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15 2010

Teaching Link of the Day: Sight Word Bingo meets Othello

This game was so FUN! And not exactly easy, even for Teacher against Strategician 7-year-old. The 5-year-old enjoyed it thoroughly, and he can't even name the sounds of all his letters yet.

Granny Square of the Day:
Today's Granny Square represents a day. After several complements in the short span of an afternoon on my totebag made of knitted plastic grocery sacks, I decided plastic was my material today. I started this morning and stripped some newspaper sacks for the center. The next round--of grocery sacks-- I completed this afternoon, interrupted by a quick shopping trip for birthday gifts of the cake variety. The last round--trash bag-- I finished late tonight. The border green was the packing pillows from a birthday gift. I had exactly enough to go around in a chain, though I was tired and the chain is uneven.

So this was my day. I got up, read part of the paper, got some groceries, went to a birthday party, and came home to polish off the evening chores.

Game of the Day:
Password



Food of the Day:
kaluskis, koluskies, koluskys, I have no idea and I can't spell it to google it but it was delicious!

0 comments:

 

©20092010 | by TNB