Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23 2010

Thought of the Day: The best advertising campaign ever: Call the Nestle Hotline at 1-800-295-0051. When asked if you want to continue in English or Spanish, wait quietly for about 10 seconds. Listen to all the options. Choose one, but if you don't choose #4 you should come back later and listen to all the options in menu #4 before making a selection.

Word of the Day: Slashdot (Effect): This is what you experience if you call the above number and get a busy signal. It means that the popularity of the fun traveling around the internet is creating a call volume too heavy to connect you. Whee!

Adventure Continued of the Day: It was my daughter's basketball game: She was a cheerleader! It was really fun to watch. Their routine was to Ice Ice Baby, which was funny because last night she could only remember it was a song something about "baby."


Granny Square of the Day: I always feel I need to make a finished edge for my granny squares. I have no idea why. I like how the variegation came out on this one, organized on one side and sporadic on the other.
Radio Show of the Day: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me! I love to get my news from comedy shows. It's exponentially more informative than actually listening to the news. Or I just pay attention, one of the two.

1 comments:

Heather In Progress said...

Not so much an advertising campaign as just general redonkulousness, but fun all the same! I chose "Bubble wrap," but may go back to hear the noogie and knock-knock joke.

January 24, 2010
 

©20092010 | by TNB