Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24 2010

Teaching Link of the Day: Quilling, with a History
The video has rotten audio quality, but it was the only history of quilling video I could find, and it was everywhere. Someone, please make a better one, please?




Shows of the Day: InfoMania and RadioLab




Word of the Day: Stochasticity
From RadioLab:
A wonderfully slippery and smarty-pants word for randomness.
From Wikipedia:
from the Greek στόχος for aim or guess; means random. A stochastic process is one whose behavior is non-deterministic, in that a system's subsequent state is determined both by the process's predictable actions and by a random element.

Granny Square of the Day: That yellowish is actually orange, that old seventies orange. I am amazed at how un-true my scanner reproduces the color of my yarn. Maybe I will actually take photos sometime so they can be more accurately shared.

I did this color combination because of a conversation at the knitting group about the faces made by our elders at the idea that we do granny squares. I had to say--one girl said-- that they're cute squares, not those awful combinations they did in the seventies.

0 comments:

 

©20092010 | by TNB