Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3 2010

Teaching link of the day: The Letterary Society at the Alphabet Soup Cafe


This day in History: The Curse of the Bambino
I just learned, in the past two months (embarrassing to admit in all my Baseball Fandom) Babe Ruth's nickname was The Bambino. It's enough to remind me of the book From Ghetto to Glory and that most players have books out there, and I should probably read them. Why not? as I can't seem to read but the same first few pages of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and some jokes and entrepreneurial/charitable start-ups in the Reader's Digest.

As a literature geek, I am sorely weak in my recent reading list.

Movie of the Day:
Tom Stoppard, speaking of literature geekdom. Mixed of course, with Terry Gilliam, via Monty Python, which is just plain geekdom.

0 comments:

 

©20092010 | by TNB